The STTT-R swage terminals are validated according to the TALURIT® system for mechanical splicing. Swage terminals are made from special high-quality carbon steel. Controlled mechanical properties by our special treatment for cold swaging.
The STTT-R swage terminals have an efficiency rating of more than the required 90% of MBL according to the type testing requirement of the EN 13411-8 standard, which includes fatigue testing. In many cases and by ordinary break tests it is common to reach 100% based on the catalog strength of the wire rope.
Swage terminals or sockets have a wide range of applications from stay wires in bridges to crane ropes and pendant lines. As per the TALURIT system validation, we can offer a range that is suitable for many types of special wire ropes with high tensile grades.
- Features: This terminal is normally used in supporting load applications with requirements of high-performance ropes, grade 2160.
- Material: TALURIT-Steel, fine grain. Special treatment for cold swaging.
- Marking: According to standard
- Temperature range: -40°C - 150°C
- Finish: Ungalvanised
- Standard: EN 13411-8
- Note: See the manufacturer's product data sheet below for guidance on dimension selection.
- Warning: Swage terminals are not recommended for use on fiber core.